Mission of Edna Adan University
In partnership with the communities we serve as well as academic institutions, to address the needs of the society, the mission of the Edna Adan University is to produce competent professionals at graduate levels with academic excellence through the integration of teaching, practice and research.
As Edna Adan University, we collectively commit to reflect the following core values in all we do:
- The highest standards of professional, academic, and scientific excellence, ethical conduct, integrity, and personal responsibility,
- An inclusive and welcoming environment where every person is treated with dignity and respect,
- Mutual trust and collegiality in our relationships with each other and those we serve in health care and the community,
- Productive partnerships among faculty, staff, and students that support learning and work, and foster inter professional and global collaboration,
- A connected, engaged, and diverse learning community where students develop a passion for lifelong learning and become graduates of choice for employers,
- An environment that embraces and rewards inquiry, ingenuity, innovation, resourcefulness, and continuous learning,
- A rewarding work environment where talented people thrive, and
- Accountability for our work and for prudent, efficient stewardship of our resources.
Aims & Objectives:
- Train competent and responsible professionals who can address the community’s problems.
- Promote the philosophy of Community Based Education (CBE) with the aim of bringing about palpable change in the community through their active participation and with intersectoral collaboration.
- Contribute to societal development by training responsible professionals in the value of high-quality performance and relevant research.
- Promote the principle of educational equity which takes into consideration the cultural and religious sensitivities of the nation irrespective of ethnicity, sex and political affiliations.
- Promote women’s participation in all spheres of development.
- Strengthen partnerships and linkages with local and international institutions for the purpose of rendering high quality training, applied research and services.
- Develop sound organizational and management systems for the accomplishment of its objectives.
- Address core strategic issues that most effect the people of Somaliland in all aspects of the university’s activity, especially HIV/AIDS and FGM counselling.
- Generate and disseminate knowledge relevant to health and other disciplines.
- Advance and encourage scholars.
- Provide advanced health care in a variety of settings in accordance with the standards set for this level.
- Influence the health care delivery system to be responsive to a multicultural and global society.
- Foster individual development through a commitment to lifelong learning.